Monday, May 18, 2009

Wolfram Alpha: First impression

The results of my first taste of Wolfram Alpha prior to its launching support my view in a previous post: It is relatively good in mathematics, Physics and other sciences. However, even in these fields it is far less good than expected. Some people who glorify it were deeply disappointed.

I tried in vain to find answers to very basic non-scientific questions.

For example, Games is one of the categories (Sport &Games) cited in Wolfram Alpha's Web site examples.

The games of Chess and the game of Bridge are unknown to its Answers Engine.

It is unfair to judge a product even prior to its launch; therefore I am not going to analyze its ability to answer different type of questions. I will wait about half a year before analyzing it deeply.

No comments:

Public Cloud Core Banking: Hype or Reality? - Revisited

  More than 4 years ago I was asked if Public Cloud Core Banking is a Hype or a Short Term Reality? If you had read the post, you would prob...